First off, thanks for taking time to contribute. We really appreciate every contribution in form of reports, requests, discussions or every other bit, that will help to grow the project.
Please read the below text carefully before contributing.
Please try to open new issues, write commits or open pull-requests in a short and self-contained manner. For many situations, we also provided template issues, which should be used to open a new one.
Reporting Bugs should follow some simple rules:
- Check, if you can find similar bugs
- Describe what is happening and what should happen
- Explain how to reproduce the problem
- Add more details and attachments
- Follow up, if somebody is having questions or needs more details
Requesting a new feature or enhancement is also following some simple rules:
- Check, if the feature is already requested
- Describe what your feature will bring to the community
- Explain the criteria to fulfill the request
- Add more details like mock ups, attachments, lists, screenshots
- Follow Up in the discussion to the feature
Contributing code should be as easy as possible. In general, we are following the below process.
- File an issue for each code contribution (see above)
- One Contribution should solve an issue
- Tested code is cool code
- Documented code is maintainable code
- Commit Messages should be in Conventional Commit Format (see .gitmessage)
- Rebase before opening the pull request
- Changes should be updated in a Changelog, if present
It is common practice to sign your code, so it can be assured that the commit is made by you. We are not enforcing this practice, but would be happy, if you consider signing your commits properly.